Monday, March 5, 2012

#2 Critique

Hello everybody! My name is Nice Sandhu and this is my artwork. After a long and hard struggle with Adobe Illustrator CS5 I came out with a wonderful mixture of texture and balance. I had ten thumbnail models and from those 10, I made five with the combination of many. After that, I created the 9X9 work-up model and began to experiment with Adobe Illustrator CS5.

I began to find out that the intensity of the shading is very easy to adjust with the gradient scale. So, in no time I had the two leaves and two flower peddles shaded in an adequate manner. The lines on the two leaves were pretty easy to create. Started off with the one point thickness and went down every few lines. Then used the spike tool (hidden under the shape shifter tool) to give it a natural look. The texture on the two flower peddles was simple as well because it only took a click of the mouse.

When it came to making the vines running out and in through the flowers peddles and leaves it got a complicated. At first, I could not get the lines to be a perfect curve; nor could I get then to look good. I had to spend quite a while to figure it out. What I did was made a circle in the position I wanted the curve and drew the lines around the circle to give the vine a perfect bend. Another aspect that was extremely difficult was the layers. They gave me a real hard time. I would have to restart the illustration because I could not get the layer to cooperate with me. So I finally turned to YouTube and found the simple mistakes I was making.

And I make out with this! One of my favorite assignments we have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment